Position Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Departmental Title: Nursing
Supervisorís Title: RN or LPN
Perform various resident care activities and related non-professional nursing services.
1. Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
2. Must be a licensed Certified Nurse Aide in accordance with the laws of this state.
3. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
4. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
5. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, victors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
6. Must be a minimum of seventeen (17) years of age.
7. Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non- professional personnel.
8. Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness the handle difficult residents.
9. Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
10. Must be able to relate information concerning resident conditions
1. Assist residents with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, hair care, nail care, mouth care, feeding, back care and toileting. Assist residents to meals as needed.
2. Passes and documents the administration of resident medications as directed by physician orders/medication administration records per medication pass policies and procedures. Will perform med pass with Med-pass Trainer two (2) times per year.
3. Observe resident and answers call bells in a timely manner to determine residentís needs. Report any unusual conditions or reactions to supervisor and take appropriate action as requested or required by the situation.
4. Store and pass clean line, change bed linen when indicated and collect soiled lined according to procedure. Collect soiled personal laundry according to procedures.
5. Participate in In-service education programs, floor conferences and nursing staff meeting
6. Respond to Fire and Disaster alarms and drills according to procedures. Assist residents to safety during an evacuation.
7. Take vital signs, TPR, and blood pressure; record intake and output; change catheter drainage bags as ordered.
8. Practices fiscal responsibility in the use of supplies, equipment and time management.