Position Title: LPN/Charge Nurse
Departmental Title: Nursing
Supervisorís Title: RN Manager or Unit Coordinator
The licensed practical nurse is responsible for coordinating, delegating, and administering total care for residents on a specified tour of duty. He/she works with all nursing personnel to develop comprehensive care plans
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have a Temporary Practice Permit for a Graduate Practical Nurse or an LPN License.
2. Previous experience in long-term care, preferred .
3. Must possess a sincere interest in and concern for quality of care for the elderly and for those with limited physical and/or mental capacity.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with supervisors, subordinates, peers, residents and their families, visitors to the facility, and other departmental personnel.
5. Must exhibit sound nursing judgment in the performance of responsibilities.
6. Demonstrates the ability to analyze the effectiveness of medication and treatments and the potential for adverse reactions.
1. Performs accurate initial assessment of resident needs and strengths and begins development of the plan of care.
2. Implements the care plan through proper assignments of nursing personnel.
3. Provides information and input at the resident care conference or to the team members regarding the plan of care in order that the plan of care reflects current strengths and needs.
4. Administers medications and treatments and documents in the residentís medical record in accordance with established facility policies and procedures and industry standards.
5. Is responsible for accurate, timely documentation on the residentís medical record in accordance with facility policy, long-term care standards and legal constraints.
6. Establishes routine daily rounds for the purpose of providing oversight to nursing care provided by nursing assistants.
7. Assists Social Services in discharge planning.
8. Responsible for notifying the RN and/or MD in the event of a change in condition, emergency and for the accurate and timely transcription of orders.
9. Actively participates in facility and departmental committees and meetings, mandatory in-services programs and the facility quality improvement, infection control and safety program.
10. Develops on-going rapport with residents, families and staff to provide a high quality of care with continuity.
11. Recognizes areas of need for personal/professional growth and seeks educational experience accordingly.