Position Title: Registered Nurse
Departmental Title: Nursing
Supervisorís Title: RN Manager or Unit Coordinator
The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating, delegating, and administering total care for residents on a specified tour of duty. He/she works with all nursing personnel to develop comprehensive care plans. He/she is the first line of contact with physicians and is responsible to work cooperatively with all members of the health care team. He/she will practice nursing within the scope of the guidelines identified in the Registered Nurse Practice Act and Professional Standards of Conduct currently in force in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have a RN License.
2. Previous experience in long-term care, preferred.
3. Must possess a sincere interest in and concern for quality of care for the elderly and for those with limited physical and/or mental capacity.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with supervisors, subordinates, peers, residents and their families, visitors to the facility, and other departmental personnel.
5. Must exhibit sound nursing judgment in the performance of responsibilities.
6. Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations
1. Performs an accurate initial assessment of resident needs and strengths and begins development of the plan of care.
2. Responsible to introduce new residents and their families to the room, unit and nursing personnel in order to make them feel welcome.
3. Implements the care plan through proper assignments of nursing personnel.
4. Provides information and input at the resident care conference or to the team members regarding the plan of care in order that the plan of care reflects current strengths and needs.
5. Administers medications and treatments and documents in the residentís medical record in accordance with established facility policies and procedures and industry standards.
6. Is responsible for accurate, timely documentation on the residentís medical record in accordance with facility policy, long-term care standards and legal constraints.
7. Assists Social Services in discharge planning.
8. Establishes routine daily rounds for the purpose of providing oversight to nursing care provided by nursing assistants.
9. Responsible for notifying the RN Supervisor and/or the physician in the event of a change in condition, and emergency and for the accurate and timely transcription of orders.
10.Maintains positive inter-shift and interdepartmental communication.
11.Develops on-going rapport with residents, families and staff to provide a high quality of care with continuity.
12.Actively participates in facility and departmental committees and meetings, mandatory Inservice programs and the facility quality improvement, infection control and safety program.
13.Recognizes areas of need for personal/professional growth and seeks educational experience accordingly.
Please note this is a General Job Posting. Candidates will be contacted when jobs become available.